Thursday, July 13, 2006

Project's Day

Well, think I would just like to blog about what went on during the competition this week, since I had been nothing much else as of late, except spamming Hwagang of cos. Just before it's our turn to present our project, Yee Jiunn told us about the 3 Cs.

Convince - Persuade the judges that you are part of the magical movement that would bring to school to further greatness
Con - Well, nothing is what it seems to be.
Confuse - if there's no substance, try to "smoke through" according to JJ.

Let me add a few more Cs to the list.

Chim-mify - quite similar to the idea of "con". If the project is hard to understand or even impossible to understand, the judges would generally have less questions or don't know what to ask, so you wont be screwed for Q and A.

Combination of Consequenses - aka luck. Sometimes the judges don't need a reason to kick out of the competition...

So anyway the judging was quite screwed for us, but I would and wouldn't say that "you reaped what you SOWed". Our group was screwed by one particularly annoying and bitchy teacher whose name is somewhere in this post, and highlighted in some way. But of cos, I dont think we deserve to be eliminated this way, since we really did the experiement the best that we could though sometimes misguided by our dear mentor. In fact, I bet I done more for biodiesel than my previous 3 projects put together. Haiz, based on effort alone, think we deserve something more. but that's for me to decide.

No comments: